Sunday, February 13, 2011

Exploding with Potential

I have a dream, that is about to come true and I can hardly believe it. When I started this blog three years ago, I was inundated with support for my writing. Since I was a little girl, I have always loved to write and have always dreamed about writing a book, well, I can hardly contain my excitement, but it's about to happen and I have HUGE plans. A couple of weeks ago, a beautiful friend of mine sent me a simple email simply stating, “Jenn, I think you should write a children's book. Simple enough, just a suggestion. The very next day, that suggestion connected instantly wth inspiration. Coady came home from daycare, a little sad, and we had a moment, the kind of moment that children's books are made out of. I didn't think much of it at the time, however, the very next day as I was driving home from a doctor's appointment, A story came through the sky and literally went right through me. I drove directly from the doctor's office to my friends place and asked her for a piece of paper and a pen. I sat down at her kitchen table and in 30 minutes I wrote down my story, word for word. It was unbelievable, when I finished I knew I had something extraordinary in front of me. A children's story, a REALLY good children's story. I have read the story to some close friends recently and every time a parent hears the story, they cry. This is a very good sign. I know for certain that this little story is going to be a BIG success but what excites me the most is the potential. I have found an online self-publishing website that goes big in a short time. The website will provide my storybook an ISBN number which means that my story will be available in bookstores as well as sites such as amazon etc. The most exciting part is my vision. From the beginning of this cancer journey three years ago, I knew that I was being “chosen”, I was merely a part in a a bigger plan. I am supposed to do something amazing with my story, amazing with my life and I just figured it out. With this story and the money that I believe I am going to make from it, I want to star a foundation. A local charity foundation that I will call, “LOVE FROM JENN”. My vision is to set up a foundation, so that if there is a family in my communty that finds themselves in a similar situation as ours, a cancer situation I want there to be an option available to that family for them to consider naturopathic medicine. Right now in our province, naturopathic medicine is not covered in any respect. If you are diagnosed with cancer you are pretty much forced into the care of an oncologist, which means you are forced into taking treatment at the Cancr clinic, you are forced into chemotherapy. I believe strongly that chemotherapy, although sometimes is effective, is not always the answer. It is not a cure. Cheotherapy and western medical views on cancer are concerned with killing the disease despite the toll it takes on the immune system of the patient. Naturopathic medicine comes with a different perspective. Naturopathic medicine is more inclusive and works to support the immune system of the patient, the idea is that medicine supports the body in healing itself, either by stimulating the immune system to attack the cancer cells or by simply making the patient strong enough so that a compromise can be made within the patients body and the patient may be afforded the opportunity to live with the cancer peacfully in thier body. To me, the naturopathic approach to cancer treatment is much more humane and reasonable, the downside, is that it is extremely expensive. This puts naturopathic medicine out of reach for most families. The treatment that I am recieving from my wonderful naturopathic doctor is IV treatment. I am going to his office three times a week. The cost of each visit ranges in price from $500-$900 a day, reaching almost $3000 a week. I believe fully in the benefit of this medicine, I believe that I was meant to be recieving Dr. Kind's treatment and everyday that I show up at his lovely office I am overwhelmed with gratitude because it is only because of the love and support of my family and friends, my community and communities I have lived in in the past that I am able to afford the treatment. I believe that this treatment should be available to anyone who wants it and believes in it, Finacial assistance should be available and I want to make that happen.
Here's the exciting part. My little sister is an incredible artist. I bought her an airplane ticket last week and she is flying out to spend a week with me on the 16th. Together we are going to work on the illustrations for my children's book. It is my hope that by the end of the month I have a fully published book in my hot little hand. I am planning a book launch party. And am currently looking into the details of setting up a charity. It is my dream to give back, the opportunity that was so graciously given to me. Please stay tuned for book launch party details and the slow release and progress of the the publiishing. I am vibrating, I'm so excited. The story is called 'Kisses for Later”, it is a sweet story starring Coady. Dave actually titled it. It will be illustrated by my sister and hopefully available for sale at the end of the month. I can hardly believe it. Publishing a book is a lifelong dream of mine that is about to come true. I will keep my blog updated while the process continues. Keep the launch party in mind, not sure of date and location yet but it's going to be a HUGE party! And LOVE FROM JENN is going to be a reality. I am going to make a difference in this world. I am just starting to spread love, you haven't seen anything yet! Thank you for the inspiration, for the support, for the love for the friendship. It's going to be an amazing ride, hold on tight. I love you all.
Oh, and a quick update health wise, the past few weeks have been crazy with all kinds of dips and valleys, emergency surgeries and the like but I am living a beautiful healthy life full of joy and I am a force to be reckoned with right now. I am so lucky to have my brother and his beautiful fiance staying with us right now, they have been such a HUGE help in the past few days and they have extended thier stay for a while longer, I am overjoyed. I love them so much. Really my life could not get any fuller or better than it is right now. Start living people, make a difference. Use your actions to spread love, give hugs readily, say I love you, go for a walk on a sunny day and breathe deeply. You are worth loving and the sooner you start giving love out the sooner it comes back to you, it's simply amazing. You won't believe it. Right now I am just waiting for my little sis to show up so we can start painting the illustrations, it's been a long week of waiting so come on Wednesday, hurry up already! I'll post the story soon to give everyone a sneak peak. It has a very “Love you forever” sentiment to it, mom's everywhere are going to love it, Coady loves it and his little cousin is already repeating little lines fom it. SO EXCITIING, I'm getting ready to start a whole new adventure as an AUTHOR!!!! Okay, must get some sleep. I love you all!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to buy a copy for Kennedy! Hope there's a launch party on the east coast. I'd love to help in anyway I can. And by the way Jenn, you have already made a huge difference in this world!!
All our Love
Carol, Gord and Kennedy

Michelle said...

Soooo exciting!!!! Wow.

Anonymous said...

So exciting Jenn!
Put me down for a bunch! I have a lot of friends with babes right now and I think they should all have a copy!
Big love to you.

Sharon Keller (and Ruby)

Karen Larkin said...

I know you are incredible and the book will be too.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
I am sure when it is ready; you will let us all know how to support you and your dreams.

Much Love, Karen

Karen Pantuso said...

Exciting Jen! I agree with the family who say that you've already made a huge difference in the world!!! But about the book...love the title, love your faith, and love that your sister is an artist! How perfect!!! Do you mind sharing the online publishing site you found? Is it Blurb? I look forward to hearing more about your inspiring journey.

Amanda said...

Cannot WAIT to own a copy of your very special book. Thank You <3

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the news and so excited to see the book Jenn!! You are amazing and now your words can reach so many more people. What an amazing way to share your love and spirit! I cannot wait for the book launch. I am in Saskatoon, can I be of any help spreading the word here? Good luck! Am so excited for you!

irene said...

That is so exciting and can't wait to see the finished product. Something wonderful to look forward to/ Hugs and love

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, Jenn! I'm so excited for you! I'll definitely get a copy and I'll try to make it to the book launch!
-Drea

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to buy a copy, read it, share it, and buy more! Most importantly to support you, you are so inspirational and amazing! So happy and excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited!You are an amazing writer,it just makes perfect sense to write a book.I love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm already in love with your story! Your reading of "Kisses For Later" will be something I treasure forever and I have no doubt your book will be a HUGE success! xxoo Marcie

Alice Blouin said...

I am so excited for my daughter and I to read your book. I lost a dear dear friend to cancer last year, A vivacious lovely woman with a true sense of play. She did not have access to naturopathy and she truly hated the treatments especially the pain meeds, she refused them for a few days in the end, almost broke my heart. Anyway, I am selfishly following your story, thinking of her and knowing that it can and will be different if this disease comes into my family... The fact that you will be making that happen, make it an experience for peace, respect and understanding through the accessibility to holistic treatments rather than attacking ones own body as harshly as possible... well I am laying in bed with my ears full of tears. Thank You and bless you, you beautiful life living, world brightening woman.

Anonymous said...

wow awesome Jen i am so happy for you and you have made such a big difference in peoples lives already..cant wait to get a copy of this book for my kids.sending lots of love and congrats to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
I'm friends with your friend Kristina. Congrats on finishing your book - way to go! If the universe gives back one tenth of the positive energy your putting out there you're going to be one amazingly successful woman!
Cheers : )
Alex

Unknown said...

YAY!! I can't wait!! I will definitely buy a copy even though I don't have babies yet! And I have lots of friends with new babies, so I will pick up a few copies for sure!!

You are amazing, and your spirit is so amazing! You inspire me to be better!

Seanna said...

You are love....spreading it whereever you go...I'm sending love and pain free days to you xo

Seanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A said...

It sounds like your book will be wonderful. :)

I just want to point out that even if a self publishing website publishes your book, there are still a lot of overhead costs for you and you will have to get it into bookstores and libraries YOURSELF. It's a lot of legwork. It would really be worth your while to get in touch with an agent or a publisher (not self publishing) that can see the true potential in your story and help you market it.

(This is just coming from someone who aspires to be published someday and has learned some of the ins and outs!) :) Best of luck in your journey!

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

cameronvsj(at)gmail.com